This green smoothie is my absolute favourite and will have your heart singing with delight. Try replacing your morning coffee with this to give yourself a prolonged boost in energy without the caffeine highs and lows.
- 1 banana (peeled and frozen so it acts like ice – if not add ice but use a little less water)
- 1 apple
- Handful of baby spinach
- 1 stick of celery
- 1/2 an avocado
- 1 lebanese cucumber
- 1-3 pitted medjool dates (depending on how sweet you like it)
- 1 – 1 1/2 cups of water (depending on the consistency that you like)
Put all ingredients in a high speed blender, turn on and blend all ingredients till smooth. Voila!
It is seriously amazing! Hope you like it, feel free to add comments and suggestions in the comments box below.
- Fruits slowly release sugar into the bloodstream, allowing for energy to be burned over longer periods of time without the usual crashes that occur when you’ve had your daily coffee hit
- Avocado’s are a great addition to your daily smoothie or even tossed in a salad. They’re rich in heart loving monounsaturated fats and are full of fiber, making you feel fuller for longer.